Andy Mina, PE, NHFI
Associate Vice President
Broaddus & Associates
Mr. Andy Mina, P.E. currently serves as a Program Manager for Broaddus & Associates. He is responsible for leveraging his deep knowledge and expertise in construction management to create and lead high-performing teams that represent Owners’ interests in their major capital improvement programs. He has extensive experience in technical leadership, laser-focused on effective engineering, construction, and facilities management.
Mr. Mina is currently the Program Manager of the University Health Women’s and Children’s Hospital program in San Antonio, TX. There, he leads project managers, controls specialists, and specialty consultants to execute the $838 million capital improvement program encompassing 700 thousand square feet of new healthcare facilities that will adjoin existing hospitals.
Following a successful career in the U.S. Navy as a facility engineering operations and acquisition officer, Mr. Mina joined Kinder Morgan, Inc. where he served as a senior project manager in the Western Natural Gas Pipelines group. There, he was responsible for planning the design and construction of a $2 billion expansion of pipeline surface facilities stretching across 1200 miles and 13 different states.
Mr. Mina’s leadership is honed by continual analysis of evolving situations that enables him to rapidly identify core points of influence to achieve desired results, and to skillfully align available resources for the most effective and efficient outcomes. His engineering acumen is matched by a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to any audience and at all levels of any organization, from unskilled laborers and tradesmen to governing boards and the C-suite.
Years of Experience
With Broaddus & Associates: 3.5
Master of Science, Civil Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana -Champaign
Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Mississippi Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers & Surveyors
Healthcare Facilities Institute
Relevant Healthcare Project Experience
- Women’s & Children’s Hospital | University Health | 700,000 GSF | $838M | San Antonio, TX
- Directing program management and Owner representative services across design, construction, outfitting and activation activities
- Clinical Space Renovations & Expansion | U.S. Naval Hospital | Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
- Directed design, construction management, and quality assurance programs for remote, logistically challenged Tier 1 trauma and mass casualty hospital and all remote clinics.
- Labor & Delivery Ward Renovations | U.S. Navy | US Naval Hospital | Jacksonville, FL
- Balanced ongoing patient care, changing medical equipment specifications and priorities, funding delays, and design errors to earn commendations from JCAHO auditors.
- Facility Operations | U.S. Naval Hospital | Main campus + 4 remote clinics | Cubi Point, Philippines