- This event has passed.
BIM Execution Planning (BIM) Course
August 8, 2016 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Registration & Continental Breakfast: 7:15am – 8:00am
Course Time: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Registration Rates: Member: $375.00 Non Member: $675.00
Registration Deadline: Friday, July 22, 2016
Room: Training Room
8326 Cross Park Drive
Austin, TX 78754
Holiday Inn Express Austin North Central
8500 Ih 35 North
Austin, TX 78753
BIM Execution Planning for Design-Build Projects:
This course will focus on execution planning for Building Information Modeling (BIM). Different use cases for implementing BIM will be discussed (e.g., authoring the design, cost estimating and 4D modeling), but the course will not focus on how to create any specific model. In other words, this will not be a computer modeling course, but instead it will focus upon what model content should be developed and shared throughout the project lifecycle, as well as focusing on the process for managing the information flow. (8 CEUs)* Course Code – BIM
• Understand the impact of implementing BIM on a design-build project, with a particular focus on the synergies of design-build and BIM.
• Understand the value of implementing a structured, standard procedure for planning BIM implementation on a project using a collaborative approach.
• Implement the four-step BIM Project Execution Planning procedure on your next project.
• Understand best practices for successfully implementing BIM on a design-build project.
• Assist an owner in the development of BIM needs on your next project.