Time & Location
Nov 05, 2024, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM CST
TBD in Dallas, TX
About the Event
THIS COURSE IS A PRE-REQUISITE. IT MUST BE TAKEN PRIOR TO THE REMAINING 5 COURSES IN THE COLLABORATIVE DELIVERY LEADSERHIP ACADEMY
Leadership matters. Distinguishing different ways to lead is at the crux of Design-Build Done Right®. This session will focus on introducing the distinctions of Design-Build Leadership Done Right.
This is the overall summary of what the program is about and why the 5 follow-on topics are vital to Design-Build Leadership Done Right.
This course will introduce the 18 competencies associated with the universal model of effective leadership and share why only 20% of all leaders demonstrate these characteristics. These 18 competencies are well researched and shown to be positively correlated to leadership effectiveness and business performance and are highly aligned with Design-Build Done Right®.
The course will:
- Identify the 11 tendencies leaders usually default to, especially under pressure, and how these default behaviors often diminish our effectiveness and hinder our growth as leaders, especially in design-build.
- Point out that our industry primarily operates from the Egocentric and Reactive levels and how Design-Build Done Right® Leadership requires moving to the Creative level at minimum, and hopefully onto the Integral level.
- Distinguish 4 tiers or levels of leadership – Egocentric, Reactive, Creative, and Integral. Each one, and all the behavioral categories associated with them, will be defined and illustrated.
- Cover the human capacity for learning beyond our 20s and point out how most leaders stop learning and developing after their mid- 30s which is why we have such a gap between the leaders we have and the leaders we need across all of business, design-build included.
- Discuss the notion of creating a leadership development strategy for your company and what its impact might be on performance. We will show how leadership effectiveness directly correlates with business performance.