Get On the Fast Track to Being a Designated Design-Build Professional!
Earn your DBIA Designation without ever leaving the Southwest Region! Join us for the current series of DBIA designation courses in the Southwest Region while you broaden your Design-Build knowledge and learn your way to becoming a Designated Design-Build Professional.
DBIA remains in the forefront as the premier deliverer of high quality design-build education by working closely with industry experts to improve our objectives-based instructional material systematically and continually. This process includes the continual refinement of existing course materials, ongoing revitalization of previously administered courses, and development of new courses based on practitioner demand and changes in the industry and/or business environment.
DBIA’s four “core courses” are the cornerstone of our educational program. These courses are required of all candidates of the Designated Design-Build Professional™ – DBIA professional designation program, as well as a requirement for the newly created “Certificate of Mastery” program.
Completion of Required Courses
- Fundamentals of Project Delivery
- Principles of Design-Build Project Delivery
- Design-Build Contract and Risk Management
- Post-Award: Managing the Design-Build Process
18 Hours of Designation Board approved elective credit
- Traditional Career (Contractor, Design Professional, Owner): 3 years documented direct experience in a responsible position on design-build projects; OR
- Alternative Career (e.g. Law, Education, Insurance, Other): 3 years total of substantial, documented experience in a responsible position in the design-build method of project delivery; OR
- Masters degree in a concentrated design-build university level program approved by the Designation Board, and 2 years of documented direct experience in a responsible position on design-build projects.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in architecture, engineering, construction management, or Designation Board approved field of study; OR
- an additional 3 years documented direct experience in a responsible position on design-build projects.
Successful Completion of the Design-Build Designation Examination.
References: Three professional references. Practitioner applications must include at least one owner/client reference.
APPLICATION FEE – $150
EXAM FEE – $400/SITTING
DON’T YET HAVE THE EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO PURSUE FULL DESIGNATION?
The Associate DBIA Certification program is a way for individuals who do not meet the “experience requirement” of DBIA’s Designation Program to demonstrate a well-rounded educational mastery of the essential concepts and principles of design-build project delivery. For many, it will be the first step towards achieveing full designation once additional experience has been gained in design-build project delivery.