DBIA – SW Region partners with our DBIA National office to make information and education available to the southwest region of the nation. There are 14 regional offices to make information and education available throughout the nation.
WHAT IS DESIGN-BUILD
Design-build is an integrated delivery process whereby project accountability is placed upon master builders for both design and construction. This single-source method for project delivery molds the chief architect, engineer and builder into one entity, and accepts full responsibility for integrating conceptual design with functional performance. More than a logistical undertaking, master builders command skilled craftsmen, procure time-tested materials, and control every aspect of the project.
Informed owners are asking practitioners to take more than a means and methods interest in their facilities. They want a single source that can deliver comprehensive architecture, engineering and construction services. Being able to consistenly deliver design quality, cost control, and delivery schedule makes a design-builder a highly valued professional in the construction industry.
The Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA) is an association of leaders in the design and construction industry utilizing design-build and integrated project delivery methods to achieve high performance projects. Founded in 1993 and headquartered today in Washington, DC, DBIA offers its members opportunities for education, networking, information, and advocacy through its web site, bookstore, designation program, courses, conferences, chapter events, and its monthly journal, Design-Build DATELINE. DBIA proudly stands as the only membership organization bringing together thousands of organizations and individuals representing architects, engineers, public and private owners, general and specialty contractors, manufacturer and suppliers, students, college and university faculty, legal and finance professionals, and many more.
- Achieve and maintain recognition as the industry center of expertise for design-build practice.
- Lead the expansion of design-build utilization across all industries and markets.
DBIA-SOUTHWEST REGION STRATEGIC GOALS
- Revitalize chapter participation and establish new chapter(s) within the Region (Grow Membership).
- Promote design‐build done right as a viable delivery system to potential project owners (Owner Outreach).
- Focus on the inclusion of student participation in Region activities (Student Outreach).
- Increase marketplace exposure for DBIA-SWR, design-build delivery method, and projects of member companies.