Becoming a Designated Design-Build Professional
Get On the Fast Track to Being a Designated Design-Build Professional!
Earn your DBIA Designation in 2013 without ever leaving the Southwest Region! Join us for the 2013 series of DBIA designation courses in the Southwest Region while you broaden your Design-Build knowledge and learn your way to becoming a Designated Design-Build Professional. Find out more »
Completion of Required Courses
- Fundamentals of Project Delivery
- Principles of Design-Build Project Delivery
- Design-Build Contract and Risk Management
- Post-Award: Managing the Design-Build Process
18 Hours of Designation Board approved elective credit
- Traditional Career (Contractor, Design Professional, Owner): 3 years documented direct experience in a responsible position on design-build projects; OR
- Alternative Career (e.g. Law, Education, Insurance, Other): 3 years total of substantial, documented experience in a responsible position in the design-build method of project delivery; OR
- Masters degree in a concentrated design-build university level program approved by the Designation Board, and 2 years of documented direct experience in a responsible position on design-build projects.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in architecture, engineering, construction management, or Designation Board approved field of study; OR
- an additional 3 years documented direct experience in a responsible position on design-build projects.
Successful Completion of the Design-Build Designation Examination.
References: Three professional references. Practitioner applications must include at least one owner/client reference.
FEES: APPLICATION FEE - $95 EXAM FEE - $350/SITTING
DON'T YET HAVE THE EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO PURSUE FULL DESIGNATION?
The Certificate of Mastery program is a way for individuals who do not meet the "experience requirement" of DBIA's Designation Program to demonstrate a well-rounded educational mastery of the essential concepts and principles of design-build project delivery. For many, it will be the first step towards achieveing full designation once additional experience has been gained in design-build project delivery.